Thursday, August 9, 2012

Messing with Sculptris

I recently acquired "Sculptris Alpha 6" from Pixologic and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's not quite as powerful as Mudbox or Zbrush, but it is pretty intuitive and has some rather nice materials.  In my opinion, Sculptris would be a better match for Mudbox and Zbrush if it had an improved importing system for basemeshes (specifically for Maya) and a way to export UVs from the paint feature (I couldn't find a way to do so other than baking the basemesh and painted models), and lastly, a better lighting system for renders, as evidenced in the landmass sculpture.


 The following was created entirely in Sculptris unless otherwise stated.

















The landmass sculpture was created as a basemesh in Maya and then sculpted and painted in Sculptris.










This is a concept illustration I made as a basic guideline for the landmass. It is nearly identical to the last land model I made which was completely created in Maya.



No comments:

Post a Comment