Friday, May 24, 2013

Final Project--A Character Animation



My final project for my Advanced 3D class at UMBC was to animate the character rig that I've been working on for the semester.  Above is the final, fully rendered, result.

 Steps for creating it:

1) I extracted audio from the film Born In Flames (1983) for the soundclip.

Here is the portion I used.





2) I imported the audio and used my character's blendshapes to lip synch with the audio.





3) Once all of my lip synching has been completed, I modeled a simple microphone to use as a prop and for eye-tracking purposes.









4) I then animated the character's torso, head (head, neck, eyes), lower body, and arms.







 5) My next step was to create a scene and render it. I created the radio station using Photoshop and bumpmapped it using Crazybump.






6) I added lighting and arranged the wall textures for the final scene.







7) Lastly, I batch rendered the scene as .PNG files and then composited the images with the audio in After Effects.



No comments:

Post a Comment